Geestelike leiers leef heeltyd in die besef dat hulle selfverantwoordbaar is teenoor God én medemens.
Paulus waarsku in 1 Korintiërs 10:12 “… wie meen dat hy staan, moet oppas dat hy nie val nie.” Miskien moet ons baie meer meer maak van sogenaamde “accountability partners” wat vir jou die harde vrae direk en indringend vra. Mentors kan hiermee help om geestelike leierskap so op koers te hou.
In Rebuilding your private world, skryf Gordon MacDonald: “
“The most common broken world–the primary one I’ve chosen to write about–is the world that shatters because someone has made a series of bad choices, misbehaved, and now has to live with what he or she has done. [There is] no one else to blame; no handy excuses; no injustices to identify.”
In sy eie gebroke-wêreld ervaring, sê Gordon (kyk na opsomming hier), het een van sy pastorale raadgewers gevra:
Will you concentrate on the pain of this experience and resist it, or will you permit the pain to become an environment in which God can clearly speak to you about matters of ultimate importance?
Gordon stel die volgende vrae voor:
1. How is your relationship with God right now?
2. What have you read in the Bible in the past week?
3. What has God said to you in this reading?
4. Where do you find yourself resisting Him these days?
5. What specific things are you praying for in regard to yourself?
7. What are the specific tasks facing you right now that you consider incomplete?
8. What habits intimidate you?
9. What have you read in the secular press this week?
10. What general reading are you doing?
11. What have you done to play?
12. How are you doing with your spouse? Kids?
13. If I were to ask your spouse about your state of mind, state of spirit, state of energy level, what would the response be?
14. Are you sensing spiritual attacks from the enemy right now?
15. If Satan were to try to invalidate you as a person or as a servant of the Lord, how might he do it?
16. What is the state of your sexual perspective? Tempted? Dealing with fantasies? Entertainment?
17. Where are you financially right now? (things under control? under anxiety? in great debt?)
18. Are there any unresolved conflicts in your circle of relationships right now?
19. When was the last time you spent time with a good friend of your own gender?
20. What kind of time have you spent with anyone who is a non-Christian this month?
21. What challenges do you think you’re going to face in the coming week? Month?
22. What would you say are your fears at this present time?
23. Are you sleeping well?
24. What three things are you most thankful for?
25. Do you like yourself at this point in your pilgrimage?
26. What are your greatest confusions about your relationship with God?
Laat weet vir ons: Watter vrae stel jy aan jouself om jou geestelike leierskap suiwer te hou?
Trackback from your site.